Thursday, November 12, 2009

Word count rising - plot nearly real


NaNoWriMo Diner in SL
My total word count is 16,712 today. I think I must have miscalculated. I thought that 2,000 words a day would catch me up. I seem to still be about 3,000 words behind. I'm going to start doing 2,200 words a day and this weekend I'm going to do more than that in a bid to close the gap.

I'm really glad there's a NaNoWriMo group in Second Life. It's been motivational to have a word count hanging over my AVs head and a place to sit and "type." I have, actually, been typing off-world mimicking my in-world double.

I'm also cheered on by friends in Facebook and the twitter stream #nanowrimo. I'm also keeping an eye on #nanopanic to remind myself how easy it is to fall behind. No more lazing about for me! The pain of not finishing is worse than the pain of working. Well, not so much the pain of working. More like the pain of starting. Today wasn't too bad. I wrote a thousand words before lunch. Then it only took about five hours of procrastination to get to the other 1200 (or so) words.

Meanwhile, I'm learning all over again how fiction writing is a beast with a life of its own. Just hang on and ride the thestral.

No comments: