Tuesday, January 13, 2004

doing something

"Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing." --Zig Ziglar

So I am doing something. This is a quote that came into my email box today. I subscribe to the Zig Ziglar newsletter. It's very upbeat.

I finished "The Well-Fed Writer." The appendix contains two interviews with women freelance writers, both of whom are also full-time mothers. Fascinating and encouraging. I need, like, 98% rah rah and 2% doing. That's the amount of encouragement it takes to get me going sometimes. Or just a really neat quote!

Haven't done the daily visual yet nor have I scheduled my daily writing. Or rescheduled it, I should say. In an effort to be more disciplined, and thereby have more time to do what I enjoy, I have scheduled many of my morning activities for evening. So I make my lunch at night and figure out what I'm going to wear the next day. I also do the dishes and take out the trash, etc. So I get up later since I don't have to do so much. This leaves less time for writing in the morning. I'm not real reliable about getting up early so I'm going to schedule writing time for the evening (in between my two blogs). Maybe I need to schedule time to organize my time?

Slowly getting back into "ordinary" time post-holiday. Feel sorta there actually.

No comments: