Friday, February 13, 2004

find me

find me
there's nothing
and nothing
and still nothing

but a feeling
a longing for a connection
for a connection to a soul of fire and ice
a soul of endless joy and fascination
a soul of magnanamous regard with cute pointy eyes

somewhere this soul roams the wilderness of joy longing to share it as I do
longing as I do to share it.
longing for that same connection
a warm heart and dry, firm hands

a part of this and a piece of that
roaming in the wilderness of humanity
head above the crowds
never alone but lonely and searching

here i am

— Elaine Greywalker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elaine. This poem reminds me of the one you wrote in high school that I put in my English project; a book of poems. (I got an A) :)

YOU WROTE:

Full blinded by lonliness
He quests for the answer
chasing leads through all kinds
I have left a trail of smiles
he will not fail.

Do you remember that one?

I still find it enchanting.

Love, Di

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I left out some of the poem.

Here is the complete poem you wrote:

Love - 2 am -

there is half of me
somewhere
lost and confused

full blinded by lonliness
he quests for the answer
chasing leads through all kinds

i have left a trail of smiles

he will not fail.


That's it!

Di