Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun With Rejection

I've been vid blogging on my other blog about the rejection emails I'm getting in response to my job applications. Sort of reminds me of authors and their rejection notices. Are you an author? Do you have a bit of humor about rejection? Would you like to? Try this post from Teresa Nielsen Hayden's blog. She's one of those who is responsible for creating rejection letters.

She mentions that most authors don't understand the phrase "it's not personal." Authors aren't the only ones who have to go through the depersonalization process. Artists do as well. I have and I'm much better for it. I'll never forget the day a graphic design firm owner told me "We don't take anything personal around here." What a relief! It's all business, don't you know.

No comments: