Monday, September 20, 2010

Word count goals

I see from Colleen's post on word counts by genre that I should probably up my goal to about 90,000. However, the point of writing is to bring the story to completion. Unlike most first time writers I tend to write very concise, dense novels. For me it's about adding words - mostly descriptions or actions. I'm so into the world that I forget the stuff I'm seeing is not on the page where those not in my head can see it. Having a head is great, isn't it? Anyway, I'm not changing the goal. Getting to 70K is going to be hard enough.
*********************************************************
"Cosmic Control: The First Age" is an epic science fiction transformation story about an alien who saves the universe by simply becoming everything she was meant to be.
Word Count Statistics
Goal: 70,000 words
Today's Total: same as last time
Written Today: 0

No comments: