It's not the same, of course, as writing during NaNoWriMo. It's more serious when I'm not enjoying the insane company of others, even if only virtually. However, I have (again) concluded that this is my work and I am happier when I write. All is right with the universe when I'm working on a story.
I've learned about
- ancient Celtic and Moroccan coins
- the blue town of Chefchaouen
- Numismatics (and how to spell it)
- the proper care of old coins (don't clean them)
- caves in the desert (even though I thought I made them up)
- the three ways to properly perform a hajj
My progress over the month showing
daily word count relative to
Green is Good. Red is bad.
I wish there was a National Art Making Month. I could use a boost in that area as well. I suspect there may be a National Poetry Writing Month. I think I saw something about it on twitter over the summer.
Well, one thing at a time. This month it's finishing my novel and this one seems especially suited to publication. But that's another goal.
"Uncle Tauber's Trunk" A retired writer and a CIA profiler riddle out the secrets of the contents of an old German trunk.
Total Words Written: 52,415
Daily Word Count Goal: 2000
Words written today: 2546