Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Outlander: My Biased Review

Yep, that's me writing a biased review.  You may like wild and violent sex. I don't. Ergo the review below. Ye be warned! or invited, as the case may be.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well written, interesting story with attention to detailed historical clothing, speech, and events. Nice balance of action and description. Comfortable characters to travel with. One really evil villain. Too many instances of highly descriptive and sometimes violent sex. Obviously the author is unfamiliar with the fact that rape is never done from love but from a desire to inflict highly intimate harm. Stopped reading about 2/3 of the way through when the conjugal sex became more than rough. Sad as I would like to know how the story ends.

View all my reviews

No comments: