Monday, April 1, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo: Day One

Story Reaper
by Elaine Greywalker
The sun is falling down, shining into my eyes in a really inconvenient way. The dog is whining outside my bedroom door. What have I accomplished on this first day of April madness?

  1. Caught up on all the "Now What?" posts and emails from NaNoWriMo. Mostly they're about revision and editing and getting all fired up for that.
  2. Crafted a funky book cover for whatever it is I'm writing. Officially:  a film script. Unofficially: who knows.
  3. Cleaned up from yesterday's Easter banquet. (This included myself and my two house mates. So, not the sort of banquet you might suppose.)
  4. Reviewed two of my novels, a few plot scribblings, and assorted odd text files looking for ideas and inspiration. 
The idea for Story Reaper came to me as a mash up of the faded memories I have of a short story I read years ago and one of my novel drafts. I don't remember which novel. Anyway, that's as far as I've got. 

Tonight I need to make some notes and start writing. Anything. Anything at all that might be in any way related to what the heck a story reaper is and what he/she does. Even if it means I figure out what he has for breakfast and what color he likes. And his gender.

No comments: