Friday, March 29, 2013

Laying Fallow

Much like the ground outside which (although warming) is still laying fallow, so, too am I. Creatively I plink and ponder. Not much gets done. I contemplate spring, watch the birds, and listen to the cats meow outside the door. Whenever I can I sit in the sun, soaking up heat and vitamin D while crocheting, knitting, reading, and pondering the universe.

Next month will be different. I've signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo, much like National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo: write 50K words of a novel in 30 days), except you can choose whatever wordy project comes to mind. Temporarily I've signed up for a screenplay. (Or is it script? I never know. I guess script covers them all from stageplay to TV spec.)

As usual, I am laying fallow as I do in October, resisting working, letting stories and dreams flit through my brain without trying to capture them. Come April 1 (no joke!) I'll start writing as action and characters jell on the page.

I like this adventure. I have yet to turn a profit (as I drone each time I begin) and I don't care. I do wish I was more disciplined about the actual seat-in-the-chair-fingers-to-the-keyboard thing. However, I'l settle for what I can get. I'm flexible that way.

No comments: