I tried to add to this journal while on vacation in Delray Beach (FL) between the 13th and the 17th of this month. It didn't work. I tried to IM my journal but AOL wasn't having any.
Meanwhile, I'm back. The vacation was lovely. Since I've been back it's been hard to work. I have, in fact, a whole list of reasons why I can't work.
1. Because I don't feel like it.
2. Because it's too nice outside.
3. I'm too tired.
4. It's too late.
5. It's too early.
6. I'm not ready.
7. I have too many ideas in my head.
8. I don't feel like it.
9. It's too nice outside.
10. It's too cold.
11. I have to do the dishes, or clean the toilet or do laundry.
12. I'd rather watch a movie.
13. I need to take a shower.
14. I just had a long telephone conversation with my mother or a friend and I have no time left for working before I go to bed.
15. It's too easy.
16. It's not enough.
17. It's too much.
18. I have nothing to say.
19. I'm too empty.
20. I'm too full.
Like that. Just excuses. There's a group for people with excuses. It's call A.R.T.S. Anonymous. They have a web site: http://www.artsanonymous.org/ (Copy and paste into the browser - I'm too lazy to link it up. Tired of writing HTML.)
Promise to do better.